This weekend we took Friday off and spent the morning packing, doing laundry, Kamel worked unexpectedly, and after the baby’s nap we headed north to Canada for Kamel’s birthday. I found a sale on the 4 Seasons (Kamel’s favorite hotel chain) and we spent 2 nights and 3 days-ish exploring, swimming, and robe-wearing. This was Kamel’s first time ever in Canada! And Vancouver is so much cooler than I ever remember it being.
Here is the breakdown of events:
- The drive to Vancouver was supposed to be about 2.5 hours, but due to a stop at Target and massive traffic ended up taking 4.5.
- About 1.5 hours from the hotel the baby started fussing and then crying hysterically because road trips with small children are awesome.
- The first morning we wandered around looking for breakfast and found ourselves at Harbour Green Park where Gabe played in the fountain and we watched the sea planes taking off and landing.
- I had a huge pimple on my face the entire weekend. I popped it twice.
- Later that day we checked out the award winning Aquarium! (Shedd is still my favorite.) While waiting for the Beluga Whale Show to start we were standing in the back with a fairly decent view without being in the seating area when 2 tall older teenage girls came and pushed themselves right in front of us at the last minute before the show really started. I really did want to kill them. So we left.
- The next day the baby (by some magic spell) slept in until 9am! So we ordered breakfast in and went swimming until nap time.
- After that we went to Queen Elizabeth park where Gabe obsessed over the fountain and got completely drenched. It was really hot at the park but we ooed and awwed at the views and then headed home.
- Where an hour before we got there the baby started crying because road trips with small children are awesome.
(My entire world right now is this photo)
(This photos makes me giggle because: Candle Head)