Lately I have been a little frustrated and bummed about all of this new budgeting stuff. I hate not having extra cash to do the fun things I want. I haaaate it. And I know that this month is a weird month with a change in my pay schedule and the paying off of some credit cards, and and and. But ugh. So I am in desperate need of some happies.
1) I love how this week is only 4 days. FOUR DAY WEEK! YES!
2) Hot pink toes.
3) A clean bathroom and fresh sheets. It makes me feel like I’m staying in a hotel.
4) Getting closer closer closer to not being pregnant anymore and to having a real life BABY in my house!
5) Getting back on the veggie bandwagon!! Now that I feel less like puking and less massively bloated and in pain, I am back on the quinoa, roasted veggies, and salads. Plus fruit! I was starting to forget how to not live in bread-land, and now I am getting back on it and it makes me feel so much more in control of my body – when in reality I have about 1% control over what pregnancy is doing to me.
6) Long walks in the sunshine with Kamel. I may be slow and lumbering, but we do our best on the weekends to make it happen.
7) Maternity leggings. Even when I’m not pregnant, I’m never buying a different kind. They are so soft and the band doesn’t cut in and they just make me SO HAPPY.
8) Greek food. Yum.
9) Finding tops that still zip closed.
10) Top Chef!! Modern Family!! The Daily Show!! I’m not a big TV person but sometimes, watching my stories on the TV are the best part of my day.
What is your list of happies today? I need some inspiration while I grumble (or try not to grumble) about not being able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes when this is all said and done and not having the money to buy any new ones, or movies, or dinners out, or wiggle room on our grocery budget, sigh (but having money for daycare and bills and student loans and rent so all is not lost!!…. or so I keep saying). But perspective is on the important stuff, and the good things. Right? Right.