When I was in college some people I knew would jokingly call me the Question-Master because I …. ask a lot of questions. Not the annoying, “Why? why? why?” ones… or even because I needed constant explanation, but because I was/am genuinely curious about people, situations, etc etc. Sometimes I feel myself doing this at work. I want to know what people think about a situation, I want to know how xyz makes them feel, I want to know the history of a situation. I want to know everything.
When I was dating, I had a way of handling first dates that kept new boys at bay without them even realizing it. I would spend the whole first and second dates asking them about themselves. I really wanted to know lots of things, and the conversations were great, but it also meant I didn’t have to divulge very much about me. I was entertained, they felt appreciated, and I could take that information back home with me and mull it over in peace. I like to know about people, I like to know what people think about things and what their experiences are – especially if they are different from mine.
So! Today is all about you! This isn’t a survey on how I can make this space more interesting, these are some questions that I am curious about because I think they are fun but I also really want to hear what you have to say. I know I am asking/hoping for participation and not everyone is into that – but even if you don’t usually comment, I would really like to hear from you. And if you don’t have time, come back to it tomorrow. This post will be up at the top on Friday as well.
- Are you currently living in the place you want to stay forever? If not, where do you want to go?
- Do you spend a satisfying (for you, not for some arbitrary standard) amount of time with your passions?
- What is your favorite independent store? (Please link for my own selfish browsing needs.)
- How did/does the recession affect you? (Or your household.)
- What is your favorite vegetable and how do you like it cooked?
- What is the number 1 thing currently making you the happiest?
- Have you ranted about something this week? What was it?
- And because all is fair in give and take – do you have a question for me? Leave it in comments and I promise to answer them all. If it is too nitty gritty for the internet I will reply to you in email.
I really appreciate the generosity of your time spent here, your thoughtfulness when I ask for advice, and your kindness when I overshare. I care about who you are and what you think and please know that I always read every single comment, even if I don’t respond to every single one. And I read every single email and facebook message, even if I don’t have a chance (or just chronically forget, because I suck) to reply to them. So thank you! This is your space today! I am ridiculously excited to hear from you.