Sometimes on Fridays I take a break from thinking up stories and interesting tidbits to share and delve into my currently unpublished blog that goes all the way back to Nov of 2006.
This is from Today, but 2008 style and it made me laugh and want to hug myself. And those are the best Flashbacks ever. This was right at the tale end of my first year in grad school, I was working at a lame-o job, and living with two great room mates, one of which had a cat named Lilly. I was also a total goob. Take it away, past Lauren!
The truth of the matter is… if there was a camera following my every move, documenting or whatever, the world would come to realize how much of a complete perv I am. That and my disgusting narcissism, all of my bad hygiene, how truly curly my hair is, and how I’m a border-line animal hater. There would be a lot of humor in Lauren: The documentary and most of it probably audience laughing at me, not with me.
- As I air hump in the bathroom mirror, trying multiple positions just to see HOW AWESOME I LOOK DOING IT
- How i have to fight the cat because she is sitting on the toilet seat and she keeps swatting at me and won’t let me pick her up all while I am dancing around because i have to pee so badly
- The truth behind just how many ridiculous self portraits i take
- How secretly i love spending a weekend night in my room with the door shut completely by myself
- And how – no matter how many solo adventures I take into never-before-experienced-territory – I really am terrified most of the time, and how i just grit my teeth and do it anyway because what’s even more humiliating than admitting that I’m scared is admitting that i couldn’t do something because I was scared.
And yes, today I have spent two hours at work planning my outfits for my trip to Paris, suddenly reading every travel commentary on the city, reading websites about the metro, google mapping my hostel and seeing how far random other streets are from it, and wishing that I was leaving tomorrow instead of in a month because then the compulsive fixation would be over sooner.