Oh Valentines Day. So commercial, but also a good reminder to have fun, appreciate others, and spread some lurve.
This year we’re actually going to do something to celebrate. (We were… until this morning.) Something super cheesy, because if it’s not about flowers and chocolate, Valentines Day sure is about the CHEESE.
So, in honor of our
Valentines Day dinner love package for two this evening (including an appetizer AND a dessert, champagne AND a rose …. ooo lala), stay-at-home-in-our-sweatpants-evening (because it turns out that we’re a low on time this week and a little over extended) how about a list of all the things that make us so incredibly chees-tastic!
1. I call him Babaloo and he calls me Magoo. Why? Because it rhymes.
2. We have our own language. It’s stupid but it makes me laugh. Words like: Jambone, dapadoo, and tantchu are just the tip of our weird-o language iceberg. (I blame the sims.)
3. Every day after work Kamel meets me at the train station and we walk home together. When he is late I wait for him (usually irritated).
4. Sometimes I spontaneously fall backwards and have total faith that Kamel will catch me. He hates this. I find it super amusing. I’ve never been dropped. (Kamel edit: yet)
5. We always share drinks when we go out to eat. Like 1 diet coke for the table. Sometimes we share a beer after work. (This coming from an only child.)
6. 99% of the time I can’t fall asleep without Kamel in bed with me. If we are both home, then we are both in bed… Kamel with headphones and me passed out.
7. We spontaneously dance when we are excited. And we say things in unison like, “We’re going to spain, we’re going to spain, we’re going to spain!” Or “We’re getting married, we’re getting married!” or this one time when we both had small random surprises for one another and were both caught off guard and we ended up hopping around repeating, “We surprised each other!!” Nerdos. It can’t be helped.
8. For a long time Kamel gave me a small gift every month. We called it the monthly present. Sometimes it was infomercial shampoo, other times it was a single song from itunes.
9. We bought matching Yosemite branded sweatpants. We call them our Yosemites and we wear them all of the time. They are XXL and are ridiculously large. We also (just recently) bought matching black fleece sweat pants and we call them our fleecies.
10. Sometimes, in boring meetings, Kamel sends me a picture text of himself being bored. And then I send one back. We are so barf-y. They look like this:
How are you cheesy? Tell me your most Velveeta moments!
What are you doing for valentines day? (Whether you’re romantic, ambivalent or somewhere in the middle.)
And above all: Spread the love. It’s the best part, second only to the copious amounts of free chocolate and sugar cookies to be found on this day.