Hey look! This is something new! A post on a Saturday?! Why yes, indeed, it is! The Saturday Edition is a post written by Kamel, about anything and all things. Even I am not entirely sure what most of these are about. Get ready…
There are certain things in life that I love to talk about and get excited for that Lauren just does not care about. So she doesn’t want to hear it. (Lauren Edit: This makes me sound like a horrible wife… but it’s not like I haven’t heard these things a millllllllion times) But since I
really want to share some of these things am unable to control myself, I will share them with you!
- Last week I finally unlocked my bootloader and rooted my phone! I was holding off on doing this because it required me to factory reset my phone first. Meaning I’d lose all my stuff. But this week I figured out how to do a backup and restore it. Once rooted I was able to install ad block on my phone (no more ads, ever!) and turn on free wifi tethering amongst many other things. But Lauren’s response was, “What? What? Why are you telling me this? You have to re-install ____ app? Why? Bootloader? Oh Kamel I don’t really care about this.” Haha
- Since becoming a Citizen, and with the recent election mania I’ve been genuinely interested in maybe running for local office. I think I can pull it off since most people have had it with their representatives being totally incompetent or wacky. So, I researched what I have to do, and it’s totally do able. But (Lauren Edit: Remember that I had nodded and said MmHm, yeah I don’t think so about a gazillion times. Plus Kamel always wants to be a 1) movie star 2) start a professional that requires lots of technical skill 3) a fairy princess who fights dragons (meaning ridiculous other things that don’t make sense)) Lauren stopped me and said, “Kamel, this is the one dream of yours I’ll have to crush. Sorry, but no. I cannot do that life, you’ll never win (Kamel Edit: Yes I could) because I write a blog and I have no filter, plus I don’t believe the system would ever ever ever let you make any big changes because it’s all a bunch of shit.” Just between you and me, though, in a few years, I’ll give this one another go. 😉
- I care about the technology and quality of the theater we go to. Lauren does not. For example, I used to LOVE watching movies at Lucasfilm or Skywalker Ranch because they had the optimal THX certified, studio reference picture and sound. Plus everyone behaved, paid respect to the credits and no food was ever allowed! The perfect film experience. Lauren hated this, because she couldn’t have snacks and candy while watching the movie, didn’t want to stay for the credits and hated that people didn’t cheer. So, we go to sticky movie theaters where people talk on their cell phones and sometimes the picture is crooked.
- I love aviation and get excited about every detail of the plane. I tell Lauren what airplane we are going to use and a little bit of the history behind it. One of my life goals was to fly on a 747 and this March, when we go to Spain, I’ll finally get to! I was super excited about this when we booked the tickets, but as I told Lauren the details of the plane, she just got scared and asked me to stop. Aww! She feels like the plane is TOO BIG and the details TOO SCARY and I think the plane is TOO AWESOME.
- I set up our living room so that our music from both computers can stream wirelessly to the PS3, playback the audio on our sound system AND be remote controlled via the iPad or my cell phone. To be fair she thought this was really cool, especially for parties. BUT as soon as I start telling her the details of how I accomplished this feat, she would rub my arm and give me that “I don’t care, but I love you” look and I would have to stop talking.
Other random things:
- Space exploration and astronomy
- The science channel and shows like “How it’s Made”
- The ongoing war between RealD vs Dolby 3D systems. (I think Dolby is the better one)
- Details and rumors about what’s next in tech. New iPad, new androids, new windows, etc.
- Physics and chemistry. So many good things to nerd over in these topics that I could start a blog covering it all. (Lauren Edit: This makes me sound like a science hating, ignorant mess – which I am not. Just cut to the chase and tell me if teleporting is ever going to happen. The end.)
- Setting up Lauren’s computer to be most efficient. (Lauren Edit: He’s not allowed to touch my things.)
And to give you a cinematic representation of our lives together, please review this clip. (No, really… it’s the perfect example.)